Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New York, New York


So we three Taylors ventured into the Big Apple yet again this past weekend. Our very good friends Ruth Ann and Patrick were in town from Texas, so we took the opportunity to go in and spend some time with them. We drove in on Friday early evening (aka 4 hours of traffic), met for dinner in the Financial District, stayed the night, had fresh NY bagels delivered to us compliments of Ruth Ann and Patrick, hopped a Subway to the Natural History Museum, saw a bunch of cool bones, had lunch at the Fairway (which is also a grocery store), hopped on the subway again, and took off for home. It was a whirlwind, there were some meltdowns, but it was so great to see our friends!

And for your viewing pleasure...
(the pictures are small, but you can click on them and make the HUGE)



The high chair was SO short compared to the tall table. Poor guy!


Austin checking out the subway map with Ruth Ann.


Front hall of the Natural History Museum.


T-Rex!


Austin may have been a little young to fully appreciate the museum...


Ruth Ann and Patrick! (and a dinosaur!)


This turtle skeleton cracked me up.


This bear skeleton did NOT crack Austin up.

Daddy and Austin checking out the "not so woolly anymore" Mammoth.


Austin was frantically trying to figure out baby sign language for "BEAR DANGER"


One of us being goofy on the streets on NYC.


Lunch at the Fairway.


The Taylor clan with the Maxwells


Austin zonked out on the subway. Chris was close behind.

3 comments:

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

Yay!! Had so much fun with you guys! I can't believe it had been almost 2 years since we've seen y'all. I hope that it's not that long till next time.

That picture of Austin with the bear skeleton makes me want to cry! Especially since I know I was responsible...never again!

Love you guys!!

Lulu said...

Wait until I tell Brian that Ruth Ann and Patrick visited, he'll be so jealous.
That picture of you being goofy makes me miss you so much! We have to see you guys soon, I'm going through Austin withdrawals.

Tracy said...

Awwwww, I'm glad y'all had so much fun!! I hope I can make it up to see you soon!!!
Love the first two pics of Austin! Such a cute smile and his eyes are getting really blue!!