Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blues Travelin' Baby


Last week Chris called at about 4pm to ask if I was interested in going to a concert in the park that evening. I casually asked who was playing, and when he said "Blues Traveler" I immediately said yes. What an awesome first concert for our little man! After about an hour and a half of running around over packing the backpack we finally set off for the river front of Albany.
Once we arrived we were a bit put off by the hordes of college students who apparently also felt that this was a good idea. We struggled through the crowd, found our friends and proceeded to hear bits of what we can only assume was the band (since we couldn't actually SEE them because of the crowd). Not quite what I had envisioned for Austin's first concert experience, but we had a pretty good time nonetheless. Maybe the Village People won't be as crowded...

Austin doing a bit of people watching.

People are funny! Yes Austin, especially those with cups of beer.

Daddy set Austin free. It was about then that I realized we needed a lasso and a sheep dog.

"Your baby is so cute! Can he have a balloon?"

No comments: