Thursday, March 11, 2010

C is for Cookie!


Sometimes I need to step back and actually WATCH and LISTEN as Austin grows up. I get so caught up in the everyday that I forget that I need to enjoy these moments. And the fact that Austin is getting smarter per nanosecond should be a great motivator.

So I never forget, here are a few things Austin is doing right now:
*Repeats A, B and C.
*REALLY likes the number 2. Will say 1, 2, 8 in sequence (eh- close enough)
* Is now a certified cookie monster. Asks for "a cookie? pease?"
*Says sentences like "daddy bye bye, work".
*Makes a kissing sound and pats the bed like Chris and I do when we want Malise to come.
*Hits a golf ball like Jack Nicklaus.
*Imitates my cleaning. For example dusts, sweeps, and wipes the table. Now to teach Chris...
* Now removes his pants and socks like he's an old man on a Saturday afternoon when no one is home.
*Climbs everything. Often can be found standing on the coffee table sans pants.
*Brushes his teeth. Sort of.
*Points out cars and trucks as we are driving. And any pictures of babies or cookies on billboards.
*LOVES Thomas the Train. Will walk over to anyone who looks capable of operating a DVD player and say in his sweetest voice "a choo choo? pease?" in hopes of getting them to put in a Thomas The Train DVD.
* Has finally mastered the juice box. We were a no juice house for a while, but when you're around other kids, it's inevitable that your child will end up with a juice box. Which he will promptly squirt all over himself due to unfamiliarity with the juice box "no squeeze" policy.
* Still loves fruit. "Banas", "Apples", Onges", and "Gapes".

Okay, enough blogging. I need to go hide the cookies.

3 comments:

Robin said...

A cookie....a choo choo! Love it!

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

Aww! This makes me sad that he's not coming down with y'all. I can't believe its been a year since I've seen him.

Patrick says he understands that y'all want to have a grown-up weekend without the little one, but wants to know if Malise is coming. He misses her. ;o)

Gelareh said...

oh that is soooo cute! I can't believe he is saying words.. but then he is a big two year old now.. :)