Tomorrow, we three are leaving our beloved United States for our new home in Germany. Personally, I'm excited, nervous, and anxious to get this party started. We have spent months discussing, planning, and speculating. I just want to DO it. We may not have internet access for a short while once we arrive, so I leave you with my last post from America. Below are some photos from our last two months here. Enjoy- and we'll see you in Germany! (Sort of)
We packed up about half of our belongings and put it into storage in NY.
Austin helped with the labeling process.
Austin had his FIRST trip to Chuck- E- Cheese for a birthday party.
What did he NOT do? Eat his lunch.

What DID he do?
Ride this carousel 27 times.
Then Austin's second cousins from his Nonny's side came to visit.
There was quite a bit of popsicle eating THAT week.
These girls are SO sweet.
We love them.
Also on the agenda? A birthday golf trip to Stonewall Jackson Resort for Pop's birthday.
While the golfers were golfing, we non golfers drove around town and spent some time at the pool. Along the way I spotted the Trans- Allegheny Lunatic Asylum (which was featured on Ghosthunters) and snuck in for a 10 minute look see while Austin napped in the car with Nonny. It was wicked cool.
Grandpa was in Charleston for the National Guard and took Austin up to the airport to show him the ropes. Our little guy enjoyed his ride with the nice mechanics thoroughly.
Seeing one of Grandpa's helicopters was cool too!

Actually getting into the helicopter- not so much.

With grandparents come presents that mommy and daddy would never buy in 500 years.
For example, a scooter and flashing helmet.

He's totally rad now.

Austin RUNS everywhere. Do they have track teams for toddlers?
That goose didn't stand a chance.
Amongst all of the excitement, my lovely mother turned 60. To celebrate, she and I took a girls trip to Blennerhassett Island. It was beautiful.
Mom outside of our gorgeous hotel. The Historic Blennerhassett Hotel.
My BFF Molly brought her son Trace down from Morgantown for two days.We had fun, and boy oh boy did they had fun. I missed my friend so much.

The boys did some driving through the grocery store. Nothing but attitude.
Being two means getting to run through the sprinkler in your pajamas.
If I did that? A special vacation in a padded room.
2 comments:
Love it! He is getting so big and looking more like you both every day. I am so excited for you to take your big trip tomorrow. We take our big trip in reverse next Sunday! Good luck - it will be an adventure of a lifetime for you all even though it won't always be fun. But it will be worth it in the end :)
Holy moly!! I can't believe it's here already! Best of luck on the trip over there, and getting settled in! I'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment