Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rewind to Germany Visit


I know, I know. No posts. But I have a great excuse! Austin and I are in WV with the grandparents enjoying basking in their attention, love and present giving. Can you blame me for slacking a bit? I thought I'd play some catch up and show you some more photos from when Chris and I were in Germany house hunting. These are our more fun touristy photos from a few places we visited around town.
I present to you, me officially starting back with blogging regularly.
Let the magic begin.
NOTE: Some of the words are in ORANGE. Click on them and they will take you to some more information about the subject. Not THESE words. The ones below. I know, I'm awesome.


This would have likely made some of our grandparents
nervous back in the day.
I'm just saying.


Proud Germans- before they lost their soccer game :o(

View across the river of downtown Dresden.

Ein building that I don't remember ze name of.

Goldener Reiter statue in Dresden ( literally means the Golden Rider )


Gorgeous Pipe Organ that was being played as we walked by.

Chill bumps.

Our car - the fabulous Pearl.

The vineyards in Radebeul.

Anniversary lunch at The Spitzhaus.
The walk to the top where the restaurant was almost killed me.
Seriously.

Kleiner gemischter Salatteller

Schweinerückenschnitzel

The walk down, MUCH easier.
Maybe more dangerous, but still. It was easier.

Self portrait mid descent.

Italian restaurant on the Elbe River.

Americans in Germany.

Chris' birthday dinner at a fabulous Biergarten in Dresden.

Us and the Elbe River.

Q: What does a beautiful old biergarten along the river with a panoramic view
of downtown Dresden need to class things up?

Chris and what may be the tiniest birthday card. Ever.

Currywurst. Embrace the pork and curry.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Love it! Makes me so jealous of your adventures yet to come. Beer, currywurst, snitzel and pretzels- isn't doesn't get much better!

phuong said...

We rented a Pearl once. I don't think "awesome" was the word that came to mind! Especially when the chk engine light came on the 2nd day of our 7 day vacation!

I love the cornhole game! Sweet!

Germans love their vertical hiking. This resulted in my crying fit on our honeymoon!

Can't wait to see your next adventures there! So cool to see your pictures there!

Jon said...

so, you hyper-linked the word cornhole, but no the Pearl ... what if we wanted to know the specs one your beautiful new ping-pong-ball-of-a-vehicle

Brandi said...

Alas, our vehicle was an OPEL. Not a Pearl. Whatever, they're both fancy stones.
http://www.opel.com/

Lindsey said...

i LOVE that you played cornhole in germany....girl you need to get yourself a ladder golf set before you leave...if you aren't able to pick one up (in the next...say 12 hours) i'll come visit, and bring one as a "hause warment" present...or you know, whatever housewarming translates to... (pst its actually Bringen Sie Wärmen unter, i looked it up)