After a busy day in Munich, we were still ready for more. So we jumped into the car and drove on in search of Neuschwanstein Castle. The drive to get there wasn't quite what we expected. It was a bit more "back road" than one may expect for such a large attraction. But we made it- and I suspect Chris secretly enjoyed the drive. After a great morning walking around the castle we got BACK into the car (hey- I DID say it was a driving tour) and headed up to beautiful Freiburg for the night. The city was really nice, and after a good meal and showers we were ready for bed. Unfortunately the locals disagreed, and there were loud German drinking songs being sung well into the night preventing much restful sleep. But hey, it's all part of the adventure. Right? I need a nap.
Good thing we're from WV, otherwise there may have been some side of the road puking going on.
We opted for the walk up to the castle. It was actually really nice. I need to be enveloped by trees and hills every so often. And apparently Chris and Katy needed to play dueling cameras.
Signs. Lots of them.
The small town below the castle. It was beautiful. And touristy.
This is just for Katy and Ellen.
The pay toilets.
Poopin' ain't free in Europe.
Yay English!
And there it is. The #1 thing I wanted to see while we were in Germany.
Because I should have been a princess.
And now... lots of castle pictures.
Taylors + Neuschawnstein
Austin and Nonny!
I think my bedroom was supposed to be up there...
At least I got my Prince!
Nonny came up with a great game for Austin.
There were these little X's in some of the paving stones.
She would lay a quarter down next to it, and let him find the treasure that was "marked by an X".
That woman is a genius I tell you.
Arrrrr. Pirate play in a German Castle!
Beautiful views from the castle hill.
And then on to Freiburg!
Our hotel was right across a pedestrian way from the old Town Hall.
And a beautiful old Church.
That rang it's huge old bells every 15 minutes.
Yay.
I had read about them, but never seen any in person.
I was glad that I was able to see a few before I left Germany.
They just don't make signs like they used to.
And my FAVORITE thing about Freiburg.
The Bächle. Austin loved jumping over them.






1 comment:
Should have been? You ARE a princess! Glad you found your castle! :o) Looks like a gorgeous trip.
Post a Comment