Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Local

Chris and I make an effort to go to local restaurants over chain restaurants, get our milk from the local dairy farm, meats from a nearby smokehouse and butcher, and other things at local mom and pop shops. Sometimes they don't have what you need. And then I'm in the Home Depot like a zombie holding toilet seats and candy bars that I didn't come for. But we try. Like with our local garden center Hewitt's. Austin likes them because they have two cats running around that he chases down and loves on. The Home Depot doesn't have any cats.

 Austin is "soft touching" the cat.
Or healing it with his powers.
Whatever.

Tolerance.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Loving the soft touching! We had a little boy Austin's age run up to the dogs the other day and took hold of Doplers ear like he was riding a bull. The mom was yelling at him from the yard - "remember soft touch!". Thankfully Dopler is patient.

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

Austin's being so sweet! And that cat looks like she's loving it. Chloe or Calliope would be far, far away!

phuong said...

Awww...so cute!

Does Hewitt have candy bars? I thought all hardware stores were obligated to carry some sort of sweet sustenance!