Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ballet (and Chocolate)

Guess what I did a few weekends ago?

Oh, no big deal...

I just saw the New York City Ballet.

Performing three pieces...

Jeu de Cartes (Stravinsky/Martins)
DGV (Wheeldon) (Nyman/Wheeldon)--- I cried. It was so beautiful.
Symphony in C (Bizet/Balanchine)


While drinking wine and eating goat cheese on fancy crackers.

And sitting under a gorgeous summer evening sky.


If you know who he is- you are excited that I got to see him in person.

 Three of the four ladies I was with brought chocolate.
And we all brought different kinds.
Birds of a feather...

 We had great lawn seats, and were angled so I could catch some detailed footwork on the big screen.

 Pictures are most definitely not allowed.
So of course I took a few with my phone.

So fuzzy- but I loved that the dancers had unhooked the backs of their tutus and were chatting excitedly after their last summer performance.
It took me back to my dancing days.
Which was about 14 years and 20 pounds ago.

Best night.
Ever.

No comments: