Top 10 things I learned from Austin's 5th Birthday Party:
1. When your husband leaves the remnants of a bulk package of hot dogs lying in the shade on the deck (it was 25 degrees outside), and you let the dogs out to go to the bathroom, the hot dogs and half of the packaging will disappear.
2. Getting a cake from Walmart instead of baking 42 cupcakes and decorating them yourself is the best decision ever.
3. Optimus Prime pinata = awesome.
4. If you have more than 10 children in your house, you will be sick in two days.
5. Having booze at your child's party will make parents much more happy. Or at least just you.
6. Don't give kids too many choices. I had chocolate and white cake, and chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Those are WAY too many choices when you have 11 kids.
7. If you have a kegerator in your basement, one of your tiny guests will pull the tap open and drain said keg onto your carpeted floor.
8. It will be two weeks later and you will be on your 8th attempt of ridding the carpet of the smell.
9. You can't invite everyone. And that stinks. But not as bad as old beer on carpet.
10. Your son will think you are awesome for having a huge crazy party for him.
And now a few pictures.
Just a few.
Cause I don't have all day.
Just a little decorating.
Chris is lobbying to keep the huge Optimus Prime head as our dining room table centerpiece.
Happy 5 year old.
Thank you Wallyworld!
Yes, the girl/ boy ratio is in Austin's favor.
I love this little guy. I just wanna squish his face!
"Who wants a Ferrari?"
Delicious.
Our friend Mr. Stephen was the Pinata holder.
Don't worry, there was no hitting. It had pull strings.
Which inevitably failed.
Birthday Boy taking his turn.
And, of course, the presents.
The #1 reason a 5 year old looks forward to his birthday.
And his 33 year old mother.
And probably you.



1 comment:
I'd hate to see what the toilet transforms into...
Post a Comment