Friday, March 22, 2013

They Blinded Me With Science

I couldn't resist. It was on sale. And I have a secret wish that Austin will grow up to be a total science nerd. So I decided to start encouraging such behavior with a science kit. Which Chris deemed to be lacking all of the "fun"chemicals and what not. Apparently I purchased the "please don't sue us" science kit. Whatever. I'll get Austin a dangerous in when he turns 6.
So far- two evenings of science filled fun for my two boys! And nothing has exploded, yet.

 I was WAY too excited about this.

And yes, Chris is wearing his fancy super safety glasses and Austin is wearing his starter pair.
He can get a nice pair after his first "A" in Chemistry.

 Experiment #1.

 Holy stromboli I LOVE this picture.
Austin loves his Daddy so much.

 Second night. Just as much fun!

 The closest Chris has come to cooking since we covered the grill for winter.

 Why do boys always want to stand on chairs?!
A photo taken as I'm telling at him to sit down before he breaks his neck.

 You can always tell when a mom has asked for a picture and her boys are merely complying because she makes the cookies.

Snow!
Brought to you by science.

2 comments:

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

Austin looks so cute in those safety goggles! And that pic where he looking up at Chris - precious!! Loving that he gets this excited about science...maybe he can rub off on Isaac?!

phuong said...

TOTALLY COOL! I've never seen a science kit with snow! What brand was it?

It sounds like Michael is old enough for your toxic science kit for 6 year olds. :)