This past weekend we celebrated a momentous occasion. Austin's first complete trip around the sun! Nana and Pop drove up from Charleston, and about 20 more people joined us on Saturday for a "Winter Cookout". Chris put on his ski pants and grilled out in the 20 degree weather, and I stayed inside making a few veggie burgers on the stove (somehow I think he got the short end of the stick on that one). It was a wild night for the little guy, and the last of our guests left at around 9 at which point he zonked out immediately. Saturday Chris and I had my birthday lunch at P.F. Changs and walked around the mall sans stroller for the first time since our little man joined us last year. Later in the evening we ordered pizza and cheered on the Steelers to their Super Bowl victory while Nana and Pop squeezed in some more baby love. We were sad to see them go on Monday- but were so thankful that they could be here for Austin's first birthday celebration. Next year, I am thinking Chuckee Cheese- where THEY make the food and THEY clean up.
Austin wondering why all of these people are staring at him.






1 comment:
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to Austin and Brandi!
Happy birthday to you!
:o) Glad y'all had fun, and yay Steelers!!
Post a Comment