One evening, just like any other evening, we three Taylors were hanging out in Austin's room watching him play and do cute Austin things. At one point he was running over to the corner where we keep all of his books, and crouching down like he was trying to "drop the kids off at the pool" if you catch my drift. Chris and I were laughing and smiling as he worked on his business over in the corner. It was all fun and games until I noticed that he was HOLDING SOMETHING in his right hand. He was still laughing and smiling, and then proceeded to show us the THREE PIECES OF POO that he was grasping in his hot little hand. Austin had not been dropping the kids off at the pool, he had been pulling them from his diaper. At this point there was some panic on the part of the parents. Being a worst case scenario kind of mother, I was already imagining him popping those bad boys into his mouth like Milk Duds at a movie theater. After 15 seconds I was able to calmly instruct Chris to pick him up as I brushed the offending Poo Duds into the floor. I then had Chris follow me into the bathroom so I could wash Austin's hands and start a bath. Please note that in the 60 seconds that it took us to get from the scene of the crime to our bathroom Chris said "Don't touch my face" about 976 times. We washed off the poo hands, removed the diaper, used copious amounts of baby wipes, and then dropped our little guy into the bath. I walked out of the bathroom to begin the decontamination process of Austin's room (which involved a Hazmat suit, blow torch, a Priest and carpet cleaner) when Chris began shouting frantically. Apparently Austin was in fact NOT finished pooping when we had placed him into the bath. So like a good soldier, he completed his mission while Chris was washing his hair. Thus began the procedure that we have become quite proficient at when Austin drops his kids off into the bath. By 8:30 Austin was clean, poo free, and in bed. Needless to say, Chris and I were totally pooped.
In the last month Austin has perfected the TEMPER TANTRUM. Yes, it is all capitalized letters because it is a capital pain in my rear. We have finally reached the Zen parenting point where he knows that we aren't going to stand there and play into his routine. We let him have his fit and then move on with life. But darn it if that child doesn't manage to look cute even when his head is rotating like that girl in "The Exorcist".


4 comments:
When my uncle was about Austin's age, he handed my grandmother a tootsie roll. Turned out it wasn't exactly chocolate.
Lesson to be learned: smell "candy" given to you by little ones before popping into your mouth!
Would love to hear a sound recording of Chris giving Austin that bath!!
OMG, that is hilarious about the poo. Especially where Chris kept saying, "Don't touch my face." LOL! love it. And the pictures of him throwing a tantrum are priceless.
Whew, I feel for ya! Would love to have been a fly on the wall during the poo chaos though!! Brent has some good poo stories from his 17 month old days that I'll have to share with you sometime too. :o)
ok so I'll try this again....the last picture looks like Austin would like to say, "I could make you eat that camera pretty lady"...with a john wayne drawl. Fun times and they are only beginning. Grammie and I love your blog...
Post a Comment