Well, I survived. Chris was in Europe for 14 days. And I was here. With a toddler. A quick recap of what you've missed:
* Austin now enjoys bouncing toys off of the heads of babies. This makes us not quite as popular with the mommies.
* Austin locked himself in my car on the first day Chris was gone. Fortunately we were in the garage and I had Chris' keys in the house. Especially since the reason he was able to lock the car is because I GAVE him my keys to play with while I strapped him into his car seat. Then I shut his door and "Bloop Bloop". The doors were locked. Brilliant.
* We are now averaging two story times at the library per week. Austin likes the Librarian who plays the guitar and sings "If You're Happy and You Know It" best.
* Austin talks quite a bit now. Hilarious things like "Aw man" and "Ut Oh!!!". He also holds entire conversations with me. And I have no idea what he is saying. I may have agreed to a Porsche on his 16th birthday, but I can't be sure.
* Austin eats things like celery, apples, oranges, and berries for a meal. I cannot possibly be related to this child.
* Austin's favorite song to dance to is "Camptown Ladies". Apparently Chris found some scenes from Blazing Saddles on You Tube one night and the rest is history.
* While we were waiting for Chris at the airport Austin was entertaining the waiting crowd. He particularly liked exclaiming loudly that there was a "baby" sitting nearby. Then looked around and smiled smugly awaiting the crowd's response.
* Austin may be able to qualify for some sort marathon. He RUNS everywhere. And somehow gets faster when you have taken his clothes off to change his diaper. Naked baby running through the house- check.
* We missed Chris/ Daddy. A lot.
Here is a visual of what our time apart was like:

Me at home.
Chris at HofbrÀuhaus in Munich.
3 comments:
"Sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun. Nachoooooooo!"
Sounds like you deserve a day (or couple weeks) at the spa. Let the boys have some quality bonding time together! ;o)
Hmm Austin sounds a lot like Raymond. We were going for a walk the Sunday before Thanksgiving, we walked out the door, Raymond locked the door from the inside and pulled the door, then looked at me and said "you have the keys right?"... umm no I didn't.
Your little guy doesn't sound like a half anymore.. soon you would have to change your blog title to The Three Taylors.. or Three Taylors and half?!?
Ps. would you please add the name/url option to your comment section so I can advertise my blog when I leave a post.. Thanks dear ;)
Yay for a stretchy pants Thanksgiving!! :o) Glad you survived your two weeks with a toddler! You definitely deserve an awesome wife and mommy award!!
I'd love to hear the "conversations" btwn you and Austin. Sounds priceless!
Austin entertaining random crowds already?! Maybe his love for veggies doesn't add up, but I think you may have a future class clown on your hands. :o)
Post a Comment