What a weekend! On Friday my sister- in - law and her husband came up from WV, and they brought with them his little brother and a friend of hers from NJ. The goal of their trip was to snowboard two mountains in either NY or VT. What was not expected was that each of them would be leaving behind feet of powdery snow to come to upstate NY where we have nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Wait, there is a small pile of dirty, icy snow in our front yard. Maybe they could snowboard on that?
Friday evening was spent studying various mountains and their conditions for optimum snowboarding/ skiing excitement. It was decided that Saturday they would venture up to Gore Mountain in the Adirondacks. I fueled them up with lasagna and everyone went to bed early in anticipation. Saturday morning Steven (NJ) woke up at 6:30 am in hopes of encouraging everyone to do the same. Sadly he failed and they didn't leave until about 9:30. Austin stood at the door and waved goodbye to his new fan club. They returned that evening after 6:00 pm a little hungry and very tired. I was super excited to hear the stories. And the best one had to have been how Chris ended up with ladies skis. Apparently he had on his prescription sunglasses and couldn't make out any of the designs on the demo skis. He was standing in line for the lift when Katy (his darling sister) started laughing and pointing at his snow leopard skis. The leopards had jeweled eyes and said "Wild Thang" across the top. Let's stop here for a moment and catch our breath from laughing.
Okay. So then it was decided that Sunday would be spent at Mount Snow in Vermont. Same routine, except everyone but Jon (brother- in- law extraordinaire) went to bed a bit later than the night before. So 6:30 am definitely didn't happen (hallelujah). Off to Mount Snow they went, leaving Austin and I to hold down the fort until dinner time. I am pleased to say that Chris did not end up with lady skis that day. Apparently the skiing and snowboarding was pretty good, and Chris rode the chairlift with a man he believed to be The Stig from Top Gear. They then had waffles (as featured on the Food Network) at the Waffle Cabin on the mountain. I had Easy Mac for lunch if anyone was wondering...
For their last night with us we had dinner and the watched Terminator Salvation (after Austin was in bed of course). Monday was sleeping in, eating a few more NY bagels and packing up to head home. I'll admit, when they all left I kind of understood how my mom feels when all of us kids are home and then leave in one mass exodus. They were so fun to have around, and Austin loved every one of them. I tried to convince Jon's little brother Nick to drop out of school and stay here to be Austin's Nanny. But somehow he didn't seem interested.
And now, the only two pictures I took over the weekend:
Austin had to keep himself occupied SOMEHOW while everyone was gone.
The crew before their first day of snowboarding/ skiing.
For the record, Chris was the only skier out of the group and liked to remind them of the superiority of skiing over snowboarding.
(Steven, Nick, Katy, Jon, Chris)

2 comments:
Wow- ladies skis huh? I was crying laughing- that is a great story. The Norwegians would not approve - though I am not sure they have "ladies" skis since women are equally kick ass in skiing and don't need pink frilly things....or leopard print :)
LOL. I am fwding this post to Raymond asap.. Did everyone visiting including Chis get Monday off? We had to work..
Post a Comment