This past week was absolutely wow. I didn't realize how much I have missed having my close friends around. Robin's visit was just what this worn down mama needed! We had loads of fun which included a toddler free sushi dinner, a movie actually AT the movie theatre, lots of mall and Target shopping, a manicure/ pedicure, strawberry daiquiri night, and the grand finale- our trip to NYC.
One thing I found hilarious is that Robin is my "California Girl" friend. She's a warm weather, flip flop wearing woman if there ever was one. But now that she lives in Norway- she looks down upon those who rely on things like snow plows or salt trucks to get around. She's hard core. So when the bad weather (aka the "SNOWICANE") hit NYC she didn't flinch. There we were braving the whipping snow and foot of slush on the sidewalks. Fortunately we were able to relax in an Udi mud room at the Chopra Spa and then have all of our muscle knots worked out by some strong handed masseuses. Warmed up and our chakras balanced, we showered and went out for a wonderful Italian meal in the theatre district. We then trotted on over to Broadway and saw my first official Broadway show actually ON Broadway- Memphis. It was awesome.
Our trip wrapped up with more sightseeing, some more good food, and a death defying cab ride back to the train station. Robin and I parted ways, and then I was on my way back to the two men I love. This is something I think I need every year or so. Get out your date book Miss Robin.

Robin helped Austin make his first snow angel!
The stud muffin found his old pacifier and they had a brief reunion while he took his bath.
A bad mother wakes her child while taking flash photography.

My first train ride! Not quite like the Hogwart's Express...
Snowy Central Park. Note the snowflake ON my nose.

Lesson # 42
If you stand too close to the street a taxi WILL spray you with slushy water as it drives by.
Time's Square and tourist to our right who was very excited about being in our picture.
Our TOTALLy cool room at the Dream Hotel.

My fancy schmancy robe at the spa.
Rockefeller Center Ice Rink. We had been skating on the sidewalks all morning for free.
Ray's Pizza. Sigh.
Last picture before we boarded our "Pee Your Pants Scary Taxi Ride".
An extra special thank you to my darling husband who made this past week possible by being super sweet and watching our baby boy while I gallivanted around like I was 20. And to Robin for coming all the way from Norway to eat ice cream and watch trashy TV with me, and her sweet husband who spoiled us with a manicure/ pedicure night.
And our taxi driver for not killing us.
2 comments:
Love It!! It was a blast - the date book is out but I need to figure out where I am going to be living next first :)
Oh that does sound like a great girls getaway!
Post a Comment