Saturday, April 3, 2010

Austin (the city, not the boy)


It has been 3 years since Chris and I have been back to our old stomping grounds of Austin, Texas. 3 years too long in my opinion. I missed my friends. We flew in late on Thursday, and left early on Monday. It seemed like we hadn't missed a beat when my good friends Ruth Ann and Tracy picked us up at the airport. They had brownie bars and bottled water in the car for us as a post flight snack. God I miss these girls.
We actually stayed with Ruth Ann and her husband Patrick, and they were such gracious hosts. We owe them a BIG THANKS. The weekend flew by as we visited our favorite restaurants, did some shopping, hung out on the UT campus for a wee bit, and attended a friend's wedding. The rest of the time was spent having SO much fun with our long lost Texas pals. And laughing. There was a lot of laughing. Sigh. I miss them already.


My Texas besties Ruth Ann and Tracy hanging out at C. Hunt's (which I misinterpreted as being called SEA HUNT with nautical themed decor)

Let the laughing commence.

Hugging. Without a screaming toddler attached to our legs.

Hook em' Bevo.

Chuys = Delicious fish tacos.
And jalapeno queso.

My heart yearns for breakfast tacos. Ahhhhhh.

Is it inappropriate to take a goofy self portrait at a nice outdoor wedding during the ceremony? I think not.

Patrick holding up our box from AUSTIN's Pizza.
I kept the lid, and plan on framing it for our little man's room.

NXNW. The restaurant we miss the most.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Looks like SO much fun. I miss Austin - wish I could have been there too!

Tracy said...

Sigh. Such a great weekend!!!! It was like you'd never been gone. So fun!! So, you'll be moving back here when?? Hehehe. Hugs!!!