About a month ago I enrolled Austin in his first official Soccer Tots class. Yep. Soccer Tots. Like tater tots, but without the potatoes. His first three classes were very rough (as in me almost crying in the car and his screaming at the top of his lungs during class). My first mistake was enrolling him by age in "Teddies II" which was the second level class. We showed up, the teacher started yelling at the 2 and 3 year olds to "toe the ball", and my son is standing there with his hand down his pants crying whilst saying over and over again "no soccer ball mommy". Crap. Enter a nicer less rabid coach who mentioned that Austin might be happier in "Teddies I", a beginners class. We gave it a whirl, and each week class got better and better. This past week? My little soccer star participated in EVERY activity and did them well. Take that David Beckham.

You want me to do what?

Practice shot.

YES! YES! YES!
(the coach said he actually kicks the ball with his shoestrings- I nodded and pretended I knew that was a good thing- which Chris said it is)
1 comment:
Look out ladies! Future soccer stud in the making!!
Post a Comment