Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wheels

Last week Austin and I each had a run in with Mr. Rotavirus. It was not pretty here at Villa Taylor.  But after everyone was healthy, the fun was able to commence. As an early birthday present (cause the sweetest baby in the world turns 3 on January 30), Chris took Austin to get a German balance bicycle. It was love at first ride. Me thinks we are going to be spending quite a bit of time in the driveway of our apartment riding this bad boy. And then, cause we're the coolest parents in the world, we took him to the Transport Museum here in Dresden. I seriously thought Austin's head was going to explode when we walked into the train exhibit. Then we lost Chris for a good 20 minutes while HE explored the car exhibit. Personally, I was excited to see the snack cart on the 2nd floor. What can I say, I'm always hungry.
After a LOOOONG week and weekend, we are getting back to normal and working on getting ready for our next adventure. What's that? Adventure you say? You'll get a hint later this week. You just focus on getting through the ridiculous number of photos of things with wheels below.

The maiden voyage.

Ta Da!

He's totally going to pick up chicks on this thing.

This is his bad a** biker face.

 A very old tram ticket at the museum.

 Let the adventure begin!

 Big boys like this museum too!

Daddy and Austin checking out the model trams.

 An old tram. There were seats on the roof!

 The coolest interactive thing ever. It showed footage of the streets in Dresden during the 1930's as you "drove" a tram.

 Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. 
The train room.

Then Chris snuck into the automobile room.

 Back to the trains man!

 Big wheels keep on turnin'.

 Seriously? How many pictures of this train stuff is she going to put on here?

 Apparently some more.

 The Saxonia.

 Cool model train sets!

I was wondering where the snack cart was at this point.

 Austin standing next to a big yellow thing.


 Toot toot!

 Approaching the train.

 
 The inside- just like in the Polar Express!

Little boy heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome, love the bike!

kpenguin said...

Too much fun. We love those bikes, too. The kids and I have plans for the not too near future to outfit their kids with that type of first bike. Where's the museum? I have a couple boys that will love it.