Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fasching

In Germany, Fasching is like Mardi Gras, or Carnival.  It's when those crazy Germans let loose before Lent. As it has been explained to me, it mostly consists of kids dressing up and eating jelly filled donuts.
Some of the larger German cities have big parades and parties (think New Orleans style festivities).
There is a bit more information here:
http://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Fasching

Austin dressed up for school today as Bob the Builder, will be watching a magic show, and eating donuts whilst running around like a heathen.
I will also be eating donuts.
And running around like a heathen.
Happy Fasching!
Austin's class made Fasching masks and decorations.

Austin's mask!

Bob der Baumeister.

Joining his friends.

Fasching jelly donut.

"I am not a crook!"
(bad Nixon joke)

Now go eat  a jelly donut!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I soooo want a donut now. And Krispie Kreme is like 10 minutes away, thanks ;)
I love hearing about all the different traditions they have over there.