This past week was spent with some of our dearest friends, the Maxwells. They came all the way from Texas to enjoy the sights, sausages, and cooler weather. Oh, and us.
We usually spend copious amounts of time goofing off when we're with them, so we were impressed when we realized that we had actually managed to show them some of Dresden, travelled to Meissen, and even spent a day in Prague (round 2 for us). And for the record, there was still a heck of a lot of goofing off thrown in there too. And now, for your viewing pleasure...
On the train to Meissen.
The Maxwells enjoying European rail travel.
Meissen Castle. One of my favorites!
Fairy Tale.
Lunch in a small German pub.
The fanciest bratwurst I've ever seen.
This castle was amazing. I loved this gargoyle.
Fabulous stairway.
They just don't decorate ceilings like they used to.
The main hall of the castle had beautiful old parquet floors.
So that meant you had to wear these hilarious shoes.
Ruth Ann and I didn't mind though, you could skate in them.
I'm thinking Chris and I should have a mural depicting OUR wedding day done in our next house.
All he needs is a Kit Kat bar for this break.
Ruth Ann and I found some fireplaces that we deemed worthy
of being part of the Harry Potter Floo Network.
Next stop- Diagon Alley!
I heart old furniture.
I just try not to think of the hundreds of tushies that sat there before mine.
Nap time.
Ut oh. Austin found the uber slippery parquet protecting shoes.
Overlooking Meissen.
And yes, my child is shooting you with a stick.
Beautiful.
Hello Mr. Apple Strudel.
In our awesome train compartment going to Prague.
Insert 007 Casino Royale music.
Good enough for Anthony Bourdain, good enough for us.
Yummy.
Stinky beer cheese that Tony Bourdain ate.
Smelled awful, tasted great.
Czech Republic visit = Goulash
Old Town Square
Jewish Quarter.
Spanish Synagogue.
Franz Kafka statue.
The last time we were here it had graffiti on it.
The Maxwells and the Charles Bridge.
Ruthy making a wish.
Czech out Austin.










1 comment:
I miss you guys already! Still need to upload all our pics then send you a Picasa link.
Love all the pics you took, especially the ones from Meissen. They'll most likely end up on our walls at some point in the near future.
Post a Comment