Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stajnia Muzyka

Google translate told me that the phrase above meant "The Pottery Barn" in Polish. I believe it actually means "stable music". You say potatoes- I say stable music. And, no- not THAT Pottery Barn, I mean a REAL pottery barn in Poland.
Along with two fabulous friends (Jackie and Wendy), I spent my day browsing an innumerable amount of gorgeous patterns and pieces in Boleslawiec, Poland. Yes my readers, we are that close to the Polish border. And I am bummed I only got to spend a few hours there. It was beautiful! Poland, you temptress... perhaps we shall meet again.

Ta Da! Poland!


 The entire town was decorated with these huge pottery pieces.
Either that, or there are giants that live in the vicinity and actually use this stuff.

 First stop, the bathroom in a pottery shop.
And no, it doesn't have a toilet seat.
Because Jackie accidentally broke it off.
Americans. Geesh.

 We did A LOT of sklepping.
And do those look like funeral urns to anyone else?
Cause I would totally put my ashes in one of those.

 A tree decorated with different pottery pieces.

 Seriously, there were a million places selling pottery.
Luckily Wendy had been before and guided us to all the good ones.
This one had a great music selection playing while we shopped. Including Coolio's 1995 hit "Gangsta's Paradise". I think the Polish lady at the store was impressed by my singing along.

 Shopping for plates and bowls made us want to actually
 EAT off of a plate and bowl.
So we found this awesome restaurant.
Wendy couldn't wait to get inside to start.

 Two pigs on the roof? How can you go wrong?

 Just in case you want a pierogie delivered.

The ladies making their selection.


 A delicious rendered fat spread thingy. It was fabulous.

 Wendy had a yogurt drink (Kefir).
She's so brave.

 My pierogis.
I ate 3 and then had to unbutton my pants.

 Wendy, Jackie and Myself post lunch.

 Then one more place to look, just in case we missed anything.
It was so far out in the middle of nowhere that when I asked out loud if they would even take the Euro as payment, Jackie responded by saying "Not likely. We'll probably have to pay in chickens."

 And then we saw these right next to the store.
Cue us laughing hysterically in the middle of Polish farmland.

 My loot. I didn't get as much as I thought I would because it was so overwhelming in the stores. I believe that I developed Polish Pottery induced ADD. I was happy that I managed to get 4 egg holders (for Chris' new favorite- soft boiled eggs), a Christmas ornament, a magnet, and a matching mixing bowl and platter. The bowl and platter were purchased with the sole purpose of making and serving cookies for Christmas. Mmmmm. Cookies.

 The pieces are marked according to quality. The pieces that are "1" are the best. 
These pieces are also dishwasher, oven, and microwave safe. And lead free to boot!

The bottom of one of my pieces.

1 comment:

Suzanne Kanick said...

it's really cool that you got to experience this. and, some Real deal pierogis... mmm!

xo