This week Austin's Kita had a Spring Festival Fundraiser at the school. Since I could only read part of the announcement that was posted at the school, I knew that I needed to make a food item (American Brownies- which the German parents ended up avoiding like the plague) and bring it on Wednesday morning. What I didn't realize was that at 4 pm that day I would be wrestling my toddler through a crowd of families to listen to the Principal give a 5 minute speech in German and watching the older children perform a small song and dance (SO stinking cute!). And then I was welcome to buy one of my brownies back for 40 euro cent. Good thing I had some cash on me! Even though the event had to be moved indoors due to crapo weather, Austin had a blast sitting with some of his little friends and loading up on baked goods and juice. And I was more than happy to help the school raise money, for a cause which I am sure was mentioned in that letter...

All of the kids sang a song in German about Spring- and Austin knew some of the word and sang along!
Adorable little centerpieces on the tables.
Austin sandwiched in between two of his lady friends enjoying some dessert for dinner.
1 comment:
I love all your stories about miscommunication and the language barrier. They totally crack me up!
Fenster?
Post a Comment