Since it was Father's Day we let them carry the kids.
Up up up.
At least there were some stairs.
And then came the switchbacks.
From my point of view.
I could have spent the day exploring these woods.
But they didn't have a biergarten.
Hiking boys.
The elevator of death.
I closed my eyes.
From my point of view.
I could have spent the day exploring these woods.
But they didn't have a biergarten.
Hiking boys.
The elevator of death.
I closed my eyes.
The top was quite windy.
We almost lost Austin.
Chris loved how you could go out onto an observation point and look straight down the wall.
I did not.
The main gate.
The grounds were beautiful.
I think this place could be quite lovely during a Zombie Apocalypse.
No teenagers sneaking out of THIS window.
The Summers Crew.
They had huge underground vaults for storage of vinegar and other food items.
I would maybe wash these barrels out first before using them anytime soon.
New stairs over old stairs.
Inside the small chapel.
Former black powder storage.
It looks like a Hobbit door.
But it's not.
There are no Hobbits in Germany.
Beautiful outlook building.
Now THAT is a view.
Just in case.
I got Austin a wooden sword, and he named Chris as the Dragon which needed to be "squished".
Chris is such a great Daddy.
Austin as Napoleon.
Father's Day refreshments.
Prost!
Rapunzel's tower?
Graffiti since 1693.
So cool.
Lots of ramps for moving barrels and goods.
And strollers.
I kept on singing the Hendrix version of "All Along the Watchtower".
Now you will be singing it too.
Chris kind of loves being above everyone else.
Schone.
This is one of those times when as a History major in college people expect me to know what things like this were for. Alas I did not, so I deemed it the poop chute. I don't think Chris believed me.
Spikey.
And after a long day of hiking and fortress conquering we went back to Dresden and met more friends for some dinner. And some big ass beers. Happy Father's Day.

















1 comment:
Ausitn looks a little tall to be Napoleon...
Post a Comment