Monday, July 11, 2011

Sea Life with Austin Cousteau


As our time here in Germany is coming to a close, our stress levels have skyrocketed due to moving issues and house buying concerns. So what better way to escape everyday stressors than to run away to Berlin for a weekend! We stayed in a gorgeous hotel that also held a huge aquarium elevator (called the Aquadom) that was part of a small aquarium next door. Since the weather was ridiculously bad (more about that in my next post), we spent an afternoon at Sea Life and swimming in the hotel pool. It was perfect.


Thar she blows. It was officially the coolest elevator I have ever been in.

While waiting for our regular hotel elevator we were able to watch the fish in the Aquadom elevator across from it.

Inside Sea Life they had different habitats recreated. This is supposed to be Hamburg Harbor. 
They even had trash on the bottom. 

The boys enjoying the view.

Austin was pretty excited about everything being down on his level.

This crab seemed kind of grumpy.
Some might say he was "crabby".

And I know that I have seen Finding Nemo too many times when I automatically think of the starfish character voiced by Allison Janney.

There's something fishy going on here...

Below this little fella they had a sign pretty much stating that if you used a camera flash and scared him into inking then they would take you out back and shoot you.

This REALLY made me want to go to the beach.

This manta ray was getting fresh with me.

Jelly fish. So beautiful. Unless you step on one on the beach.

A maze of mirrors. It kind of freaked me out.
And there were actually a few cracked mirrors where people had walked into them

Austin got to choose one souvenir. I held up a cute plush sea horse as my suggestion and he ran over with this shark and attacked it. I cried. Chris laughed.

Inside the Aquadom. Austin's shark was raising all sorts of heck.

Fish fleeing Austin's shark toy.
Do you see the hotel room windows behind the fish?
Coolest. Elevator. Ever.

2 comments:

Pallavi said...

Don't worry, I think of Alison Janney too.

Pallavi said...

Also! The shark toy - makes me think of ET!!!