Saturday, August 20, 2011

Home is where the GOOD popcorn is...

It had been almost one year since my toes had touched American soil. And eaten Wendy's. I know. I had it tough over there. But in all seriousness, what I missed the most was my family. And ice cubes. It almost didn't even feel like I was in Germany for a year. Everything was exactly as I left it. I considered the possibility that the entire event had been some crazy dream. Some crazy AMAZING dream. But when I finally started unpacking, I found some beer steins. And knew that it had been real. And that I miss it terribly now. But now it's on to the next chapter for us Taylors. Starting with Austin's first trip to the movie theater!

 He heard the word "popcorn" and hauled tushy to the refreshment stand.

 Until he became distracted by the arcade area.
Which had an awesome NASCAR driving game.
Because we're in West Virginia.

 And guns. Because we're in West Virginia.

 Seriously. Eye on the prize. Time for the movie.

He's ready. Bring it on Cars 2.

I was actually very surprised at how well my little man did with his first theater experience. He only talked out loud a few times (which is less than most adult New Yorkers), and he sat relatively still (merely bouncing between the three present grandparents). Apparently he did well enough for the grandparents to take him to ANOTHER movie the following week while I was in New York scrubbing the house.  Winnie the Pooh. 
I think I'll wait for that one on DVD.

No comments: