Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lucky In Kentucky

Even though Chris was in NY, Austin and I were able to go to Kentucky to visit with some of Chris' family.  And play on their farm. And eat their food. And I didn't even have to drive. It was seriously a no brainer for me to accept the invitation to go with Chris' mom. And even better? My mom and brother came with us! If I could make it the entire day without stepping in poo or being mauled by a llama then I would consider it a complete win.

Austin all cooped up.
Get it?
Chicken coop?
No?

"Soft touching" a baby chick.

Cousin "Coyote"

The watchers.
They have these amazing dogs all over the farm, but this one followed us everywhere we went.
I love him.

We need to get one of these pronto.

See?
Always there.
And watching to make sure you don't mess with the farm animals.
Clearly this one had Austin's number.

I may have gotten a bit rambunctious on the trampoline.


Best way to burn energy in a toddler. 

Farm fresh egg!

Austin, Uncle C and John Deere.

Austin and "Coyote" were like peas and carrots.
"Coyote" was so patient and kind with him.

Apple picking from the back of a pickup truck.
It was awesome.

I want a glass of milk and a burger SO bad right now.

The best way to get around!

And then to COMPLETELY blow Austin's mind, Chris' family took him to their local fire department where they are volunteer firefighters. I am not even joking when I say those guys don't get paid enough.

On the lookout for a fire.

Little boy heaven is in the cab of a fire truck with the siren on.

No mauling for me! I think the fence helped.

After a LOOOONG day at the farm we went to another family member's house to celebrate Chris' Mom's cousin's birthday with an awesome home cooked meal and lots of inter family bantering and story telling. After a bath (with a level of resistance that would have impressed Che Guevara) and a ton of goodbyes later we were on our way back to West Virginia. 
We definitely got lucky in Kentucky.
But I did step in poo.

No comments: