* A relatively uneventful plan ride home. Except for the very bloody landing on our last leg of the flight. Literally bloody. From my child's nose.
* Seeing my little brother for the first time in 2 years. He was in Korea with the Army. He may have reached a new level of maturity. He still smells funny though.
* Seeing all of our family. Including Chris' Kentucky family who let us run around their farm harassing their cows and picking apples from the bed of a pickup. The hillbilly in me was in heaven.
* Eating. I'm gaining back my layer of "America" fat. The one that can only be created by Wendy's and Dunkin' Donuts.
* Seeing my dog. Holy stromboli I missed her.
* Going shopping with my Mama. We put a dent in Ann Taylor Loft THAT day.
* Seeing my new house. I was upset at how FILTHY it was and all the crap they left behind. But after a thorough Brandification process it is now VERY lovely. I even painted Austin's room a cool Smurf blue color. By myself.
* Going to the movies and seeing Harry Potter with my sister- in law and her hubby. I ate so much popcorn. I just threw up in my mouth thinking about it. THEN going to the movies with Austin and being there while he had his first movie theater experience. He loves the popcorn just like his Mama.
* Me possibly overreacting when I believed that our Air Conditioning had crapped out in the house. Chris discovered that someone had turned off a light switch that was apparently the HVAC emergency shut off. Why is everyone assuming that it was me?! It totally was.
All in all, I miss Germany. A lot. But I am so happy to be home. A lot. But more about that in a later post.
Hip hop will make ya- JUMP! JUMP!
(Our parents have no idea why this is funny- don't tell them)

2 comments:
Yay!!! So glad you are back home and so glad you are back to blogging :)
I am also in that Dunkin Donuts - America Fat - boat. Yea for company! And second the Ann Taylor Loft vote! Their stuff is so cute! I've parted ways with many a dollar there!
Post a Comment