I'll do this a bit out of order. Technically we did a Disney Brunch, Downtown Disney and visited with my family BEFORE our Disney World trip. But the Disney part is just so wicked cool I couldn't wait. We actually went to a special Mickey's Christmas Celebration at Magic Kingdom in the evening, then the park again on the next day. There were parades, characters in Christmas costumes, hot chocolate with cookies, and short lines for big rides. They also had Santa, but Austin fell asleep while we were waiting in line (probably because it was 10:30 at night). When I tried to wake him up to ask if we should go home he informed me that he was "just resting for Santa:". Then he passed out and started drooling on Auntie Katy's shoulder. So home we went. To rest up for the next day.
The minute we walked into Disney World, Austin spotted the mouse ears and asked Nonny and Pop for a pair. Disney World is pure marketing genius. Plus the ears are ridiculous cute on little kids.
I may sound like a 5 year old, but "Magical" is the only word that I could think of while watching the lighting of Cinderella's Castle.
Waiting in line with Pop for the Buzz Lightyear ride.
Nonny and Auntie Katy are RUTHLESS on the tea cups. I almost lost my cookies.
Literally. I had just eaten cookies.
Mr. and Mrs. Mouse!!!!
I love that Austin is yelling and trying to get out of Nonny's arms under a sign that says "Let the Memories Begin". Priceless.
Carousels are always a good idea.
So are Mickey shaped ice cream bars.
Austin and his entourage.
And his $8 popcorn.
What I DON'T have a photo of is the huge knot on Austin's head where he literally ran into a hand rail as we were waiting for the embroidery on his mouse ears. It was getting so big that I was pretty sure if I touched it brain matter would start oozing out. Fortunately by the magic of Disney, an employee wearing a spotless uniform and space age earpiece jumped out of the bushes and escorted us to the First Aid station where they gave Austin some Tylenol, a quick check over, and an ice pack. That place is amazing. And creepy. But mostly amazing.






3 comments:
Love the video on the teacups! So fun!!
Awwww! That is the best picture of the castle!!! So sparkly!! I like my castles with lots of bling.apparently.
So glad y'all had a magical time in the Magic Kingdom!! Mickey Mouse ears to wear AND eat sounds like a big win to me!
Post a Comment