Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sun and Surf

Since Chris has been working A LOT lately, Austin and I took the in- laws up on an offer to go to Florida and Disney World with them. Seriously. Remove brain, accept offer. It was perfect timing, because I was starting to have deep philosophical conversations with a flat coated retriever and a three year old boy. It was time to get out of the house. After a LOOOONG drive to West Virginia and a short recovery time at my parent's house, we hit the road with the rest of the Taylor family and headed south.
I won't bore you with all of the details (and by details I mean the driving), but we made it to Florida alive and sane. That's all you can really ask for. After picking up Chris' sister from the airport, we headed over to see Chris' Grandmother and Uncle. Austin was able to go to the beach for the first time. meet some new family members, and take home a 4 foot tall stuffed alligator. All in one day.

Taylor family tradition. And what a delicious tradition it is.


First look at the ocean up close.

Those waves come up on you fast!

And the water may have been a little chilly.

Good thing Austin is part polar bear.


Austin liked the beach so much, we visited another one the very next day!

I was wearing jeans and a fleece.
Europe REALY influenced Austin's perception of when it is acceptable to take your clothes off.

There were a lot of birds at this one. I was beginning to feel like Tippi Hedren.

After some beach fun, we made a quick stop at Target (because we're in America!) and picked up a few toiletries and a glittery red Christmas tree. 
Because.
Then Austin took a power nap in the car to prepare for the next leg of our adventure. Holding the glittery red Christmas tree. 
Because.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

so!stinkin!adorable!