Since Chris has been working a bit less in the last week, I decided to take a little time to myself on Saturday and head over to the local craft store to browse. But we all know that going to a craft store to browse is equivalent to going to the animal shelter to look at dogs. You're going to leave with more than you walked in with. Chris might have been happier if I came home with a dog though.
I had been pondering different wreath ideas for the front door, and had one in mind, but couldn't find the stuff I needed. So I had to improvise. And believe it or not, I kinda love it. It was extremely relaxing to make (except for the three times I burnt myself with the hot glue gun- does that ever stop happening?).
It's not a typical wreath, but it's different. And I like different. Unless my meat tastes different, then that usually ends badly.
I apologize in advance for my poor photo quality.
I was too busy channeling Martha to go get a real camera. So the phone camera had to do.
1 flat styrofoam white wreath.
1 3 lb. bag of flat shiny marbles.
977 clear glue sticks.
And a partridge in a pear tree.
The assembly went super fast.
It's a good thing I ran out of the marbles, because I was eyeing another layer on the outer edge.
And this bad boy was getting HEAVY.
It looks like bubble wrap!!!!
Must. Not. Try. To. Pop.
Ta Da!
I originally bought a gorgeous ribbon to hang it with (a la my last wreath with duct tape debacle).
But it was decided that the ribbon may not hold up such a heavy wreath. And Chris was not a fan of having a huge bubble wrap looking thing crashing through our storm door at 3:00 in the morning.




1 comment:
Looks so pretty with the color of your door!
Post a Comment