Okay, so I never do this. But I have to give a little shout out to one of the most driven, caring little guys I have ever encountered. His name is Riley, and he is the wonderful offspring of a fellow expat from our Dresden experience (see adorable picture below). He is collecting donations for St. Baldrick's, a childhood cancer research charity. If he reaches his goal of $2,000 in donations, he'll shave his head. To be honest, I have a tendency to donate to causes that involve a disease of which someone I know has already been afflicted. This time I donated in hopes that this will help one day
prevent anyone I know from being afflicted. And we all know who I'm talking about.
That and the fact that I'm a sucker for head shaving fundraisers.
If you have an extra minute and a few dollars to spare, please consider making a donation. It's legit. And it's a dang better way to spend today's Starbuck's money. Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment