No, not me. Well, maybe emotionally. But I digress.
AUSTIN! And his insane mother planned a birthday party with 12 children (two were sick, so I was down from my original 14) and 17 adults. Who does that to themselves?
People who want to have an awesome time. That's who.
It was wild, crazy, and I may have made a bit too much food. But that's my curse. I tend to plan for 3 servings per person. I blame my Gramie for setting the bulk cooking standard.
And now, the pictures.
Presents!!!
And his favorite thing was the $2 grabber thing from Target.
At least it wasn't a box.
He's quite proficient at opening presents.
The cupcake stand.
Overpriced? Yes.
Cool? Yes.
I was decorating these at 3:45 pm while probably suffering from a mild stroke.
I had WAY overestimated the amount of work I would be able to get done in a few hours.
I got into the shower at 4:00 pm. Right as the first guests arrived.
Remind me next year to order pizza and commission a cake.
Snacks for the kiddos.
The M&M's were smuggled via small sweaty handfuls down into the play room.
We also made hamburgers and hot dogs (and veggie chicken patties) and had all the fixing for a mid-winter cook out. Literally. Chris grilled out. In January.
It was like Lord of the Flies Daycare.
Parents took turns keeping the natives at bay. But it was pretty wild down there.
On the up side, the adults pretty much had the upstairs to socialize and enjoy a drink.
Get it? On the up side?
Sweet baby boy. With his 4 candles.
Yep. Commissioning a cake next year.
Or at least taking a cake decorating class before then.
Okay, maybe commissioning.
And he huffed, and he puffed...
Have I mentioned that he is a ladies man?
And MORE present opening.
Cause' that's why Birthdays are awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment