Tuesday, February 7, 2012

29 and holding. And holding...

Well I turned 29 again. For the 4th time actually. Which I consider to be quite impressive. I'm going for a record!
I had a fabulous day with my mother- in -law and Austin shopping and eating in downtown Saratoga Springs. Then we picked up some yummy cupcakes, and took a nap at home. Next came the true Birthday miracle. My darling husband left work early (which may have involved him excusing himself to go to the bathroom and then running to his car) and took me to a fabulous dinner at Maestro's (wherein there were NO children present). Chris and I had a fabulous dinner sans Matchbox cars driving across our plates, and then wrapped up our evening the way any 30 something couple would... checking out appliances at Home Depot. And I loved every minute of it! Seriously though, this past year was awesome and adventurous. I'm a lucky girl. 29 year old girl.

Austin and Mommy.

Opening presents and eating cupcakes.
Check.

Yummy fancy pantsy cupcakes.

He came home early!!!
(and by early I mean 5:40)

Austin now knows how to photo bomb.
Yay.

 Shhh. Do you hear that?
It's adult conversation!

 We shared our dinners and afterwards Chris asked me if I was going to eat "that pickle". I must have been pretty tired because it was the funniest thing EVER. Probably because he was actually being nice and asking instead of spearing it with his fork and taking it all cave man like.

 Ahhh.
Mommy and Daddy needed this.
Thanks to Nonny for staying in town and babysitting!

4 comments:

phuong said...

Oh gosh! I love your hair. And look at you fancying it up with jeans tucked into boots! I envy your night at home depot - brian and I have definitely done the same on a date night or two! Let's face it, home depot spells romance like nothing else. I hate to admit it, but paint chips do really excite me!

Jill said...

the photobomb is my favorite! except for you hair. your hair is my most favorite. :-)

Kris said...

Glad you had an awesome birthday. Funny how before I had a kid I never wanted to dress up or go out on dates and now just because I can't, I want to (especially the hair-flattening-- and your hair did look lovely). I totally understand little kid mentality now. Everything that you can't have is totally better than whatever you've got!

Lulu said...

You look gorgeous!! I LOVE your hair. Chris cleans up nicely too :)
So glad you guys got to go out just you two. Happy birthday!