Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Big Boy Bedroom Makeover

Raise your hand if you cried when your *baby* moved from his/her crib to a big boy/girl bed. Anyone? Just me? Okay Mom, I see you. 
It was way PAST time for Austin to be moved up to a twin sized bed. His crib converted into a toddler day bed- but he was starting to get a wee bit tall for it. So off we went to the furniture store.
And do you know what the boys picked out? A bunk bed. I asked if you got a free visit to the ER for a broken arm with purchase, but the sales person didn't get my joke. Or it wasn't funny...
Either way, I convinced Austin that a bunk bed with stairs would be a much cooler than the one with a ladder. And safer. So we'll see.

 Before...

 More before...

 Still before.

 And after!

 I was stressed about whether or not everything would fit okay, but it worked out great!

 I have started a love affair with hooks.
Not hookers. Geesh.

 God bless American sized closets!

I heart organizing. Sigh.

And the boy loves it. Winning.

2 comments:

phuong said...

Oh my!!! Love his room! Michael wanted bunks too and I am with ya - no sleeping on top. In fact, I didn't even buy a mattess for the top bunk.

Us paranoid moms have to stick together.
P

phuong said...

Oh yes - can you also come and organize my house? Let me know when you'll get here. Thanks! ;)