And guess what?
He has no interest in learning how to control his speed or stop. He wants to, (and I quote) "keep my skis straight and go as fast as I can". And get all of the female instructors to pay attention to him. And then throw snowballs at his instructor James (who looks like the werewolf kid from Twilight- but I digress). We're trying hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, he IS only 4.95 years old. But seriously? It takes all of my self restraint to not repeatedly beat my forehead against the nearest wall every Saturday morning when he is goofing off as his peers ski past him. It has been decided that we are going to stick with it. And hope that he will at least learn to "pizza slice" his skis and not crash into people at the end of a run.
Poop in one hand, hope in another. See which one fills up first.
So keep a look out. I'll be the mom on the mountain with her eyes closed repeating "at least he is having fun" over and over to herself while her son feigns weakness and fear in order to lure in older women.
On a mission.
Objective #1. Get someone else to carry your skis.
Objective #2. Get a cute girl to "catch you" at the end of your run.
Objective #3. Get a cute girl to help you get going.
Objective #4. Get another cute girl to watch you while you are preparing to go down the hill.
Do I even need to say it?
I'll give him this- he has good balance and rarely falls.
I've seen grown men standing at the bottom of the hill listening to their instructor fall down.
I know he likes it.
He just doesn't want to LEARN it.
Stinking cute.
A decent run. Hallelujah!
And lunch with his ski buddies.








1 comment:
Adorable! Where do you guys go skiing? Is it by your place? So when we show up, you shouldn't be surprised. Especially if we show up in our ski clothes.
Post a Comment