Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Field Trippin'

This month Austin is learning about transportation at school. And because his teachers are awesome they are taking lots of cool field trips.
I tagged along too. Because I just can't say no to a regional airport and auto museum.

Ms. R reigning in the kiddos.
She doesn't get paid enough.

This is when I realized that the hangar smelled like my childhood.
Jet fuel and cheap coffee.
Having a helicopter pilot dad was pretty cool!

Austin raising his hand to ask a question.
"How do you get the wheels to turn?"
*Long pause by pilot*

I explained to Austin that the family prefer he not fly fixed wing aircraft.
Helicopters, baby. Helicopters.

He said he would think about it.

Alpha, Bravo, Cookie.

I'm pretty sure the young pilot will not be having kids any time soon.
12 at a time can kill the urge.

How rich folk get to and from Saratoga Springs.

And now to the auto museum!
An old car that served peanuts and popcorn?
Yes please!

Checking out the engine.

Monkeying around in the kids exhibit.

Shifting gears...

The safest way for a 5 year old to be driving.
And the only legal way.

Austin- Apple
Chris- Tree

Thumbs up for the Saratoga Auto Museum!

Afterwards we snuck back in to see the fast cars again.
This was Austin's favorite.

And this was Mommy's----
Don't forget that Mother's Day is coming up soon!

No comments: