Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Apples- Pick Em'


Today Austin and I embarked on what is apparently a VERY New York thing to do. No, not flipping the bird while driving on the Thruway. Picking your own apples. And not just any apples- McIntosh apples. We went with some other Mommies from the MOMS Club, and Austin had a blast running around with the other kids. We are doing pumpkins in October and I am STOKED!

Austin's first encounter with sheep. Not as baaaaaaaad as I expected.

Checking out the trees.

Me quietly freaking out because the apple is unwashed.

He eats like his mother.

Checking out the wagon situation.

This shouldn't be called the MOMS Club. It should be the "Slave to a Two Foot Tall Person Club".

Austin and his buddy Ian taking inventory.

These are not apples. They are "AYDENS" to Austin. And everyone in the orchard heard him yelling it as we went along. Yay.

Sweetest little apple picker ever.

Not only does he pick apples, he picks up girls too.

Fueled by apples.

Wrangled into the wagon and on our way back to the car.

Austin enjoying the FRUITS of his labor. Badump bump ching!

I loved the handwritten sign telling us what apples they were harvesting today.

Apples. The new banana?


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Yay, fun!! I love all of Austin's expressions. So expressive!! :o) And the new haircut is cute!!! Can't wait to see pumpkin patch pics!