Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ze Haircut


I am sure it happens to all parents at some point. They are standing in line at Lowes, and the nice lady in front of them comments on what a pretty girl they have. After casually correcting her and saying that "HE" is indeed very handsome, the woman asks if "SHE" likes shopping. As a last effort you state that "HE" does not enjoy shopping at all. Then the woman (whom you now want to shake like a Polaroid picture for calling your strapping lad a girl) ends the conversation with "Well, "SHE" will one day!". Nice. You win random Lowes lady. He's a girl.
Fast forward to the car when Chris and I look at each other and say only with our eyes "He's getting a haircut." So the day comes, we pull out the trusty clippers and strap our girly boy into a chair with cartoons on the TV. Chris hugs him while I do the terrible deed and the end result is... he looks like a Ukrainian orphan. Crap. Maybe we shouldn't have gone so short. Mommy steps aside and cries a bit. Then sweeps up his sweet little golden curls from the sheet under the chair. Let's all say it together now, "it will grow back".

Sweet baby hair. This would be haircut #2 for the little guy.

I am thinking this is a cross between his Uncle Chase's new haircut compliments of the US Army, and a Ukrainian orphan.

4 comments:

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

Aww! I'm sure that has to be traumatic for mommy. He looks so cute though! Loving the little mohawk-do!

Next time, just deck the Lowes lady!

Robin said...

I think it is very cute!

Gelareh said...

It is a cute cut :) Just look at this way, it would be easier to brush his hair now ;)

Lulu said...

I think he looks adorable and I love the little mohawk, that is so in right now :)