Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Scoop On The Poop


Question:
What happens when a mommy gets tired of wrestling her son down for diaper changes?
Answer:
She buys a potty chair and decides that "it's time".

Not that we are all Gung ho about potty training. Yet. But we bought the potty chair a few weeks ago and have had it out for Austin to explore and get used to. So I decided that before I start reading about all of the 500 ways to potty train your child, I would let him test it out. No pressure, just some half naked fun. And he loved it!
#1 He gets to go without his diaper
#2 It has a fun removable piece that can be used as a hat
#3 He can play with his new favorite toy- the family jewels
I will proudly say that Austin knows the sign for "potty" and does it while sitting on his tiny throne. He also, however, stands in the potty and dances. I'm hoping that taking this very casually and not being a Poo Nazi will help him be relaxed about the whole deal. Famous last words... How bad can it be?

Not quite.

Closer. Sort of.

Okay- there we go!

Ummmm. No.

Hooray!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I LOVE his golden curls!!!! Seriously. Love. Them.

Good luck with potty training!! You should bribe him with bananas! ;o) I just hope he doesn't decide to use his new toy in it's current location on the carpet. ;o)

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

"#3 He can play with his new favorite toy- the family jewels"

And after hearing you say a couple times, "Austin, get your hand out of your pants" I can believe that this statement is true!