Monday, September 20, 2010

Zwinger Baby!


Another day, another adventure. We took an afternoon to check out the gardens at the Zwinger. I must say, the more I am seeing of these palaces and castles, the more I am thinking that I should have been a royal. I have been told that I was a "Royal Pain In The ..." but I don't think you get a castle for that.

I was trying to take a photo of the outside. Austin was running laps around me.
This photos was the end result.

They are still doing some rebuilding, but the results are amazing.

Handsome man.

Austin asked to swim in the fountain several times.
I'm going to have to keep a close eye on this guy.

Kronentor (or Crown Gate)
The main entrance.

The boys horsing around.

You aren't supposed to walk on the grass, so Austin RAN through the grass to get to these little maze-like paths. Close enough to following the rules for an American.

I would like to live here please.

I kind of have a thing with old lamps.

See? I told you.

Austin stopped by for a quick hello.
But he took off right away to break more German historic preservation rules.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all these pictures, looks like you guys are getting a lot of touring in and adjusting well. what an amazing adventure!

Gelareh said...

I can't believe how big Austin is... It looks like you guys are still enjoying warmer temps. It is HOT HOT HOT here.

By the way thanks for the toilet brush instructions. I keep it in mind if we get a chance to visit you guys there.

Lulu said...

You are simply gorgeous Brandi, classic beauty for sure. Austin is adorable and even Chris looks handsome :) Looks awesome over there, what an amazing experience.

phuong said...

I have a thing for old lanterns too! Gonna be a part of my business logo.

Austin is too cute to be held accountable to the law.