There is so much for me to be thankful for. While I was eating my dinner in a nice cozy room filled with friends and laughter, a part of me felt guilty. I wished that the soldiers who are spending their holidays in harm's way could have been experiencing that same sense of safety and comfort. So here's for the men and women in uniform who didn't get a traditional Thanksgiving this year, it is because of you that I am safe, comfortable, and above all, thankful.
Love you Chase!
The Restaurant that took in 101 Americans looking for Turkey and Stuffing.
Lovely table settings.
How.
There was a fabulous buffet set up.
We made short work of it!
Bless their hearts. They didn't really grasp the concept of pies.
There was one type with cranberries, but the rest were actually small loaf cakes.
My heart be still. They had iced tea- WITH ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That turkey was SO good.
The poor boy had to stand there and hold that heavy bird while crazy Americans took pictures of him.
Turkey with brown gravy.
I love gravy.
I would swim in it if given the opportunity.
Our little table in deep conversation.
Chris giving me the stink eye for interrupting his Thanksgiving food consumption.
The ladies who organized it (THANKS JENNIE AND JACKIE!!!) arranged for a children's room with babysitters. That was clearly the best idea anyone has ever had. Better than the wheel.
Bunny rabbit Austin.
Almost to the point of food coma. I think I snagged one more small helping of sweet potatoes after this.






2 comments:
Love the pictures! Looks like a good time. The picture of you and Chris is so great! We talked a lot about you guys yesterday- glad to see you had a good thanksgiving!
Wow, looks like a great dinner! How wonderful to be able to enjoy the great food holiday with so many people so far away from home. and with ice tea no less... woohoo!
Post a Comment