After much consideration, we have decided to enroll Prince Austin into a local German Kita. It is basically a preschool program that all children from the age of 1 and up attend until it is time for Kindergarden. We meet with the principal on Monday to enroll Austin, and then he and I begin attendance on November 15. I will be with him the first week staying in the room so he becomes comfortable with the classroom and teachers. We have several expat friends with children attending this Kita, and there is even a chance one of them will be in Austin's class! I haven't decided how long I'll leave him or for how many days a week. But I do know that this is going to be one long, cold and dark winter. And watching me clean and do grocery shopping isn't going to keep Austin happy for long. And he's kind of driving me crazy. He needs to run and yell and be around other kids. He was SO social in NY, and here... not so much. We'll keep you posted on how things are going. But in the meantime, send positive thoughts and prayers my way. Cause' I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry the first day. Then I'll run down the street cheering and go see that art museum at the Zwinger I've been wanting to see!

3 comments:
This is great! I think this whole experience will benefit him his whole life. Hope you guys are doing good.
Cousin Matt
I have faith that it will be great for you both! Just take some deep breaths and know it will be great in the long run :)
Awwww! Definitely a great decision, and I'm sure Prince Austin will love it! :o) To echo the other comments, I'm sure it'll be hard at first, but great for you both in the long run! Good luck and enjoy!!
Post a Comment