Since Halloween is more of an imported holiday in Germany, not many people celebrate it with the gusto of us Americans (or at all). Some stores have a small Halloween section, and I even found a small rack of (scary) costumes at Toys R Us. I ended up finding a Bob the Builder play set with a hard hat and tool belt with a talking element that yelled Bob the Builder phrases at your child in German. Sold! We were one step closer to Halloween fun. But alas, it is not the same here, and we needed to celebrate. So we had a few friends over for some Halloween fun. The best surprise of the evening? Two German Trick or Treaters! I'm not sure what they were dressed as, but I was thrilled to pieces that they showed up at the door! There is hope for this country ;o)
We started with some pumpkin painting.
And the Dads did some beer drinking supervising.
Austin is quite the artist!
I would consider getting paint on your neck quite an accomplishment.
The crew getting ready to go "Inside Trick or Treating"
Pepper and Salt, Bob the Builder, and a Fairy Princess
Austin was already done with his Bob the Builder hard hat.
Here we go- starting the candy route...
The guys were such good sports!
Every time someone opened the door Austin was waving his hard hat in the air yelling "YEEHAW".
I think he was having a costume identity crisis. Next year- a cowboy?
Checking out his loot.
Those fairy wings can be lethal!
More candy!
Austin was pooped by the end of the night. Mission accomplished!
No comments:
Post a Comment