Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanks!

Since we've been here in Germany, we've received numerous varieties of mail from friends and loved ones. From thoughtful cards, to flat envelopes stuffed with magazines and Halloween window clings, to awesome boxes filled with all good things. For this, we would like to thank you. A better version of me would have rushed to the Deutche Post with a thank you card in hand to send to you. That version of me also would have figured out where the post office is already. So this is my thank you- just in time for Thanksgiving!

Our first box from Chris' mom was the recipient of typical German care and handling of US goods.

Thank heavens my candy corn was unscathed!
It was like Autumn in a box!

Box #2 from our good friends Robin and Jason went untouched.
Why you ask? 
Because it was from Texas. And NO ONE messes with Texas.

A cute decorative touch? Or a warning to any German that would mishandle this box?
You decide.

And while I was trying to take a picture of the goodies, Austin swooped in and snatched a bag of 
Scooby Doo fruit snacks away.

Goodies minus the fruit snacks.

Just when I begin to have faith in the German mail system, they go and TOTALLY redeem themselves as U.S. care package haters. I mean seriously. What the heck IS that all over the box?

Again, thanks to good packing by my Mamma nothing was harmed in box #3. Because someone definitely would have gotten a letter from me if my Snickers were hurt.

3 comments:

Katy Tay said...

So I probably don't want to wrap myself up and send me to Germany? The resultant may be none too pretty.

phuong said...

I think the last box was soaked in melted butter. Or beer. Very cool post documenting the quality of the German postal system! Love it. And I love the "Don't Mess with Texas" sign in Robin's box. Classic.

Lulu said...

That is freaking hilarious that the Texas package made it safe and sound, too funny.