Now that the holidays are officially over, we are making attempts at returning to normalcy (ha! like we ever had that). Chris went skiing with a friend last weekend in the Czech Republic, and I am getting back into enjoying some of the time that Austin is in Kita. I had grand plans for museum visits and pedicures when he first started, but mostly it has been grocery shopping and errand running. I'm easing myself into the "free time" thing. I did get to enjoy some authentic British tea and scones this week when I went to a new tea shop in Dresden called "England, England". The place was so nice and cozy, especially since the weather has officially reached the depressingly cold and gray level. Bending to cultural peer pressure- I put milk in my hot tea. AND LIKED IT! And then, brace yourselves, I ate a scone. WITH RAISINS IN IT. Who am I?! Tea makes me do crazy things!
Salt trucks? We don't need no stinkin' salt trucks!
Oh good, safely in the Czech Republic.
Insert foreboding music.
This is where I casually mention that Chris and his friend actually got their car stuck in the snow and were eventually rescued by a Czech man on a snowmobile who towed them out...
with his snowmobile. I can't make this stuff up folks.
King of the hill.
Sun?! They have sun over there?!
My favoritest new place to go on cold days.
And it earned extra points when I saw that she sold DVD's of "Absolutely Fabulous".
I controlled myself and did not speak with a wonky British accent the whole time I was there.
And I only said "God Save the Queen" twice.
My fabulous lunch. It was a pastry, curry, vegetable thingy.
And delicious.
Doesn't it look like a British grandmother's living room?
(or at least what BBC television tells us it would look like?)
Cheerio!



3 comments:
I truly believe you have a future in stand-up. Thanks for bringing laughter to our dreary winter, albeit with out the snow. Aunt Lynn
First of all...AbFab!!!! Holla! Second...where are Bubba's rhinestone eyed leopard skis?? How can he possibly tackle the Czech mountains without those babies??
The tea place makes me warm just looking at it! Glad you're having fun and finding ways to keep warm!!
Post a Comment