Thursday, May 19, 2011

Turkish Delight

One of the big things I'm going to miss about East Germany is all of the Turkish food. Yep. You read that right. Turkish food. There are a lot of Turkish immigrants here, and with them came their awesome food. My favorites being their durums and doners. They are the perfect "fast food". Yesterday I met with two friends at one of the more popular Turkish places in Dresden for lunch- and decided to take a few photos with my point and shoot camera so I would always remember it. "It" being the food of course.

Ta da!

They have a REALLY extensive menu. It's pretty intimidating.
And delicious.
Deliciously intimidating?

Yummy, yummy...

in my tummy.


 My friend had some Turkish tea and baklava.
I was so stuffed from lunch that I'll have to make a trip back just for desert some other time.

4 comments:

Ruth Ann & Patrick said...

The doner/durums we had while there were probably some of our favorite meals....especially after a week of sausages and dumplings.

phuong said...

Preach it girl!!! That's what Brian and I ALWAYS get as our first meal when we get to Germany. And Dresden was where he first tasted this amazing dish! And it's so cheap!

I *heart* doners right with cha girlie!
P

PS. My word verification for this comment was "poled." I snickered like a teenager.

Anonymous said...

With the title Turkish Delight I kinda expected something different than food.-Brian

Tracy said...

Haha. You said doner. ;o)